What Road Maintenance Equipment Do You Need to Protect Your Roadways?
Maintaining our country’s roadways is essential for asphalt contractors throughout the U.S. However, it can be near impossible to keep up with asphalt deterioration without the right road maintenance equipment! Thankfully, companies like Rayner Equipment Systems design and manufacture durable, efficient, and long-lasting asphalt machinery. To ensure your company can handle the road maintenance demands of clients, invest in RES’s best!
The Two Best Ways for Maintaining Asphalt
Repairing asphalt as it breaks is one method of asphalt maintenance. However, this is more reactive, with issues having to occur before contractors can take action. To preserve pavement, reverse damage, and increase the longevity of asphalt, asphalt contractors can offer either sealcoating or slurry seal services.
- Every asphalt contractor, property owner, and city municipality is familiar with sealcoating! Sealcoating is the process of applying a protective layer of asphalt to properly “seal” its surface. In sealing asphalt’s surface, sealcoating protects the pavement from deterioration caused by UV rays, moisture, and chemicals. Additionally, sealcoating can help reverse minor repairs such as cracking or minimal crumbling. Sealcoating is an incredibly affordable service lasting up to 5 years on average.
- Slurry Seals
- Slurry sealing is similar to sealcoating in that both achieve the same result of protecting asphalt pavement. However, slurry seals are best used for heavily trafficked roadways or asphalt needing more extensive repair. Slurry seals use a bituminous mixture made from water, asphalt emulsion, aggregate and additional additives to protect pavement, rebind asphalt, and strengthen roadways under severe stress. While slurry sealing is more expensive than sealcoating, an effective slurry seal can last up to 10 years.
Find the Right Equipment for the Job
To ensure asphalt contractors can offer the best sealcoating and slurry seal services, RES designs and manufactures the best road maintenance equipment. Since the 1970s, the Rayner brothers have strived to create machinery that’s more operator-friendly, less prone to breakdowns, and ensures high production rates and quality service. As such, our RoadSavers, PavementSavers and RaynMakers are unmatched in their ability to provide highly effective asphalt treatment solutions.
- RoadSavers – The RES RoadSaver is the finest slurry seal and micro surfacing machine worldwide. With over 35 years of testing and using high-quality steel and components, the RoadSaver has become the slurry seal machine for asphalt contractors.
- PavementSavers – Sealcoat buggies are often in use and put under significant amounts of stress. With these concerns in mind, RES’s PavementSavers were designed to maximize production while ensuring the longevity and durability of the equipment. There’s simply no better sealcoat buggy than a RES PavementSaver.
- RaynMaker – For your more extensive sealcoat jobs, the RES RaynMaker is the perfect fit. Our sealcoat trucks are fast, dependable, and easy to operate. With a large storage tank, adjustable spray bars, and material spread rate computer controls, the RaynMaker is equipped to handle any lot or roadway.
If you want to invest in the best road maintenance equipment for your asphalt contracting company, start with Rayner Equipment Systems’ asphalt products for slurry sealing and sealcoating. To learn more or request a quote, contact RES today at 916-381-8066. We serve clients in Arizona, California, Texas, Illinois, New York and throughout the United States.